Minecraft!

Finally got around to updating Minecraft to 1.3 on my FreeBSD server. Been having some terrain pop-in issues so I went looking for a good way to tune the java server. I came across a ton of pages with tons of examples but it seems simple works best sometime. I found this guys page: http://glixyl.wordpress.com/ and somewhere he suggested just going simple and using the following to launch a minecraft server:

java -server -Xincgc -Xmx2G -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

Sure enough that seems to have fixed the texture pop in issues. I may try putting MC in a ramdisk to see if that helps also but I had some issues with that before I had backup implemented ( power outage = data loss ).

I also have started using Magic Launcher + OptiFine 1.3.1 and now Minecraft looks amazing. Optifine is a rendering mod that enables AntiAliasing, advanced texture filtering, and a bunch more. Iv really been liking it so far.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roland Juno-6 Repairs

JP-8000 Battery Change

Best Albums of 2021