Top Albums of 2011

Yup, this is late. Really late, but oh well I figured I would go through and list what I thought were the best albums I heard in late 2010 / 2011. This is will be mostly biased towards Industrial, EBM, Electronic, Metal, and Rock since that's mostly what I listen to.

The Glitch Mob - Drink The Sea

This is a fantastic electronic album. We need more music like this, really great beat, deep sound textures, great vocals on the tracks that use em, overall a really well done album. Even if you dont like electronica check this out, its truly something great.

Aesthetic Perfection - All Beauty Destroyed

The new AP album is a little darker, a little less dance oriented, but with great lyrics and a good heavy sound.  I didn't like it at first but the more I listened to it, the more it began to grow on me, and the more I felt something while listening to the lyrics.

Binary Park - The Deviated

I love Binary Park. Its glitchy, dark, EBM / Synthpop that is just so good. Where has EBM like this been all of my life? Hard to describe their style since they cover a bunch of styles, but they do it so well which is rare these days.

Method Cell - Curse of A Modern Age

I was just recently introduced to Method Cell by a friend and I really enjoyed this album. Its more traditional EBM album but has a good driving beat and I like their vocals. Check em out, they are fairly new from the UK but I think they will go far.

Lacuna Coil - Dark Adrenaline

Finally a return to the earlier sounding Lacuna Coil albums. Good solid music, good vocal contrast between Cristina and Andrea and some great guitar work.

Booka Shade - Movements

This album was recommended to me while I was struggling writing some of my own music. Booka Shade is a minimal electronic artist and its really great. Its very impressive to see how such a small sonic theme can be expanded to form some really deep and exciting music. Something I would not have normally checked out but im glad I did.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roland Juno-6 Repairs

JP-8000 Battery Change

Best Albums of 2021