Cyanogen Mod 7

I have been using a Vibrant on the stock T-Mobile OS for quite some time now, but lately it has been running very slow. Also there was an odd issue where the phone would just freeze for ten seconds every now and then. Also lets not get into all the crap that is installed by default that you cannot remove. So instead of buying a new phone I decided to try an alternative modified version of android for it. I chose to use the latest stable Cyanogen 7.x for it.

Cyanogen mod is awesome. I should have done this earlier to my Samsung Vibrant. It was easier to install than I was expecting by far. The process went something like this:


  1. Use ODIN to flash the phone to the factory config.
  2. Install a root + clockwork rom manager from one package.
  3. Install cyanogen mod 7 + google apps.


The guide I used is over here, and you can also get the files from that page:
 ★★★ NOOB GUIDE :: Root :: Odin :: Files :: Guides ★★★ - xda-developers

So far the phone is phenomenally faster than the stock Samsung 2.2 os. I love the themes and customizations you can make.

I am currently running LunarUI as my theme. I actually like the colors. Something different.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Roland Juno-6 Repairs

JP-8000 Battery Change

Best Albums of 2021